Last night before I went to bed I was praying. I felt the need to pray for 3 different things: the government, my friends, and me. As I was praying God opened my eyes to something that scared me. First I heard God speaking to me and I saw the foundation for a building. The workers were seting down a cornerstone. And a thought came to my head. It said:
"233 years ago our forefathers built this country on God as a cornerstone. But now the government is chipping away at that cornerstone. Every now and then the building will shift (Katrina, 9/11, and the VT shootings) and it will cause the people to stop and look up for a second. They say 'wow' and then continue to chip away at that cornerstone. If they continue then the whole structure will collapse."
As I heard that I saw a building getting bigger and bigger. It started shifting after a while then I saw the whole thing fall over completely.
After the building fell I was back in my bed. Then God brought something else to my attention. He told me that we weren't just trying to take God out of America, but also out of the church. When I heard that He showed me the corruption in the church. I was reminded of a quote from a pastor. The pastor said: "This church is ours, we just let God borrow it for a few hours on Sunday." I saw the secularization in the church. Christians cussing, breaking the law, having affairs, sex out of marriage, cheating on a bf/gf, and corrupting the Gospel. Churches splitting over what color to paint the church. But God told me that they didn't separate just over the color of paint, but it was a long time coming. Both sides had been arguing over petty differences and it eventually led to a plit church.
I saw that and I couldn't believe my eyes. Then God showed me one more thing. He showed me that I was just as bad.
The next thing I knew I was in front of three mirrors that were side by side by side. My reflection was in every mirror, but not the me that you see everyday. In every mirror I was covered in slime and if it didn't come off then I would suffocate in it. I had a huge snake wrapping itself around me shoulders and chest and it was squeezing and trying to suffocate me. And I saw straight through to my heart and mind. I saw a poison running through my veins, rotting at my heart and mind. In every mirror I saw a different side of me.
On the left one I saw the evil side of me. He didn't care about the slime. He liked the feel of it. He didn't care about the poison. It tasted sweet to him. He didn't care about the snake. He liked snakes. I came to know him as 'The Cursed Tongue' because he was always talking to me trying to discourage me and tell me to give up.
In the right mirror was me clothed in white. He was my good side. I came to know him as 'The Fighter' because he had a fire in his eyes and he was trying to get the snake off, wipe off the slime, and find an antidote for the poison. He was encouraging me to keep going and try to keep fighting.
And finally in the middle mirror, I saw the one who I came to refer as 'The Real Me'. He looked like I did at the time which was weird because I wasn't wearing my glasses, watch, or shirt (If I had imagined all of this I would've imagined that I had all that stuff on.). He looked scared. I could tell he was crying. He was crying for help. He didn't kno what to do. He had to different sides of him talking to him, telling him different things.
Then God told me that that is what He sees when He looks at me. He said that if I don't find help soon they'll I'll be dead spiritually. I was shocked, horrified, mortified. I didn't want that to happen. I knew that I had to stop.
Then I saw a spark in the middle mirror's eyes. He was ready to fight. I think I saw a smile on his face. He was still crying and was still scared, but he had hope.
But I saw the snake move. It moved up over my shoulders and closer to my neck. I realized that Satan was ready to strike. He was ready to suffocate me if I gave up for one moment.
Then I was back in my bed. The 'vision' if you wanna call it that had ended. I need help. I need to strengthen my walk with God.
It took me about 2 more hours to fall asleep. I was scared. More scared than I think I've ever been.
Does anyone know a good devotional or scriptures to read? Because I don't know which ones are the best.
NRT Has Made A Mistake At MY Expense! Category:NRTeam Views:
OK so a few weeks ago I ordered a Bananas DVD, A Relient K Sticker, a Pillar Sticker, and a Family Force 5 Sticker. About a week later my points were taken away. But a few days ago I got a message from NRTeamAdmin. Here's what it said:
You only have 50 available NRTeam Points, so your recent order is being cancelled. Feel free to resubmit if you still want a few items that you are afford.
Here's the ensuing convorsation:
Me: it says that i spent those points that were taken away. did i accidentally order the same thing twice??? if i did then the second was a mistake.
I went to go take out the points for your recent order and you only had 50 something points available, so you don't have enough for the latest order.
ME: read what i already said!!!!! (please)
> it says that i spent those points that were taken away.
Um. Yep. That's how the system works. When you order stuff, points get taken away.
> did i accidentally order the same thing twice?
Nope. I went to go take out points for your most recent order and you only have 50 points, so the order was cancelled.
> if i did then the second was a mistake.
You didn't order twice. Wouldn't have mattered. I don't ship orders until I take out points, and no points were removed since you didn't have enough points for this order.
Sorry. There are many ways to continue earning points on the site.
Doesn't that just seem stupid to you????
I'm promising you that I'm not lying about this to NRT just to get some free stuff!!!! It says that I spent the points worth of stuff that I sent the message for!!!! Then I get that message and Kevin thinks that I'm lying to him!!!!! I'm just outraged!!!! Not only am I not getting the stuff that I paid my points for, but nNRT won't believe me!!!! And now the Bananas DVD's are all sold out!!! So I wouldn't get it anyway because of someone's mistake at MY expense!!!
Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I all alone on this without anyone to believe me?
Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 10 people you like and include me. You can't use the band I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! Repost as "my life according to (band name)"
Pick Your Artist:
Are you a female or a male:
How do you feel:
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired
Describe where you currently live:
If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Your favorite form of transportation:
Your best friend is:
God of Elijah
You and your best friends are:
Not Rock Stars
What's the weather like:
What's your favorite time?
If your life was a tv show, what would it be called:
My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy
What is life to you:
No End At All
Your last relationship:
Love Hate (On and On)
What is the best advice you have to give:
Why Don't You Shut Up?
Thought for the Day:
Fight For Love
How I would like to die:
My soul's present condition:
But Wait There's More
(PS I DONT REALLY WANNA COMMIT SUICIDE. IT WAS JUST THE NAME OF ONE OF DISCIPLE'S SONGS AND IT FIT THE QUESTION)
77 Things To Do When Extremely Bored Category:Misc Thoughts Views:
Inside Boredom Fighters
1. Break into a friend's house and clean it
2. Call a wrong number and talk to whoever answers.
3. Catch a fly, then put in a jar and stick in the fridge (this cools their metabolism down), then tie the fly to the end of a thread 15in. and hold the other end of the thread while you watch it fly around (We have tested this and it works - a lot of patience is involved)
4. Chase your best friend round the sofa
5. Dance around your living room naked
6. Doodle or cartoon
7. Dress in something silly and laugh at yourself
8. Figure out how to get yourself on TV
9. Find an address to your favorite famous person and write them a letter. See if they write you back
10. Flip a coin 500 times to see who wins
11. Get on the radio
12. Give names to your body parts
13. Go shop for a really cool book
14. Go through the English dictionary looking up really long words like discombobulated.
15. Have a carpet picnic
16. Have a staring contest with yourself in the mirror.
17. Kiss your elbow, if you can.
18. Lay a long straight line of masking tape on the floor. Now spin around really fast then try walking on the masking tape.
19. Learn a new word in the dictionary
20. Learn to Juggle
21. Learn to peel a banana with your feet
22. Let a helium balloon float up to your ceiling and throw things at it to pop it
23. Listen to a type of music that you don't normally listen to
24. Listen to really hard music and head bang
25. Listen to some polka music and eat sausages
26. Make a list of the fun things you've already done, then admire how long your list is.
27. Make a trash can a basketball hoop and throw crumpled up paper for baskets
28. Patch some clothing
29. Phone your local government rep and see if you can convince him or her to have lunch with you
30. Plan a journey
31. Play bottle cap hockey...with pens as the sticks and a bottle cap as the puck
32. Play dress-up with all the clothes you have in your closet
33. Pronounce your friends names.backwards
34. Put doll clothes on your cat and play dress up
35. Rent a movie, 2 hours later go back to the same movie store and rent the sequel, 2 hours after that go back and get the third movie
36. Rent some fun movies
37. Roll your change
38. Run around your house as fast as you can and, count how many times you can go without getting tired.
39. Shave your head
40. Sit at your desk with your left arm sticking out until it goes numb
41. Snap your fingers as if suddenly you have a bright idea and see if you get any
42. Take a company that has been getting on your nerves - find out who the person is that you should write complaints too. Write a letter to them with the most trivial or confusing complaint. Ensure you talk in circles so that the letter is well written but extremely confusing
43. Take one hundred dollars out of the bank and spend it all on yourself
44. Throw a huge party for no reason at all
45. Turn on the T.V., put it on mute and make up dialogue
46. Washable crayons are a wonderful invention. Pick a wall and invite friends
47. Watch 101 Dalmatians and see if they really show 101 Dalmatians
48. Watch a foreign film
49. Watch cartoons (preferably funny stupid ones)
50. Write a big list of fun things to do
51. Write a limerick or twelve
52. Write a rant letter to the paper
53. Write out ten things that make you happy - then do one of them
54. You and a friend pick your noses and see who has the biggest boogers
Outside Boredom Fighters
55. Bring dog treats to the park and meet 25 new dogs
56. Burn things with a magnifying glass
57. Buy the craziest, most comfortable slippers you can find
58. Climb a tree
59. Find some crutches and pretend to have a broken leg
60. Flip some coins into a fountain
61. Flirt with people
62. Go dumpster diving and see what you can find
63. Go out and get your motorcycle license
64. Go to a candy store and buy a ton of candy. Eat all day
65. Go to the 24 hr grocery at 1 a.m.
66. Have an egg toss
67. Make a rope swing
68. Make faces at strangers to make them laugh
69. Play Frisbee
70. Play knicky knicky nine doors leaving freaky anonymous notes behind
71. Put bunny ears on people you don't know (the two finger kind you know, like a peace sign)
72. Skip rope
73. Take your TV outside
74. Try to stay up for 24 hours
75. Volunteer for a charity
76. Walk around a public park, every so often pretend to trip on a 'invisible' wire.
77. Watch kids play - and then join in