Whoa! Talk about one heck of a Tuesday. I’m going to put down what I think are the hottest CD’s and what they look like from here.
Pillar - For The Love of the Game – going back to the old cover might spark some totally new awesome sound – and old school sound. 3 ½ stars
- Leeland - Opposite Way – The sophomore album from a successful debut album. however are they really that great? 2 ½ *
- The Afters - Never Going Back To OK – another sophomore album, this one looking very promising album. I think this band has real potential 3 ½
- Stellar Kart - Expect The Impossible – the lame-o punk boys are back, but are they still lame-o? yes, but the sound (I think they have been taking lessons from hawk nelson) will be better. 2 ½
- Cadia - Cadia – someone thinks they are good, I have just never heard of them. 4 ½ ?
- Esterlyn - Lamps – get ready for some serious stuff. I saw them in concert bought the CD and fell in love with these guys. Expect a great album. 4
- Jadon Lavik - Roots Run Deep – Yawn. If his previous radio singles are any indication this will be a dud. 2.
- After Edmond - Hello - Slanted Records – a different type of sound, a good rock CD for those who want to check this debut band out. *
- Jaime Jamgochian - Above The Noise – I really should have reviewed it but the names of her songs told me everything about this worship artist. 1 ½
- Inhabited - Love – they are back… took them long enough. The pop group will be average. 3
If I’m wrong on any of these… well I’m wrong… sorry
*reviewed by Nathan
top five songs:
1. We Need Each Other: Sanctus Real
2. Never Going Back to OK: The Afters
3. One World: Toby Mac
4. The Older I Get: Skillet
5. Believe: Mainstay
||February 24, 2008, 21:53PM
I think The Afters will do a little better, at least a 4.
Never heard of Cadia so no thoughts there :P.
Esterlyn, 4 sounds good ^^
Maybe a 3 for Leeland and SK. I don't love them or anything, but they're both ok bands.
Don't have any problem with most of the other scores.