|Kings and Queens Audio Adrenaline Review | Posted March-11-2013
I got my Album of " Kings & Queens" by Audio Adrenaline three to five days before when it supposed to release tmmrw. at the date of me writing this review. The only way you could get the album early is either by attending one of their most recent live concert where you could buy it at their show before release day or on their official site through one of the various pre-sale packages. Luckily I will be getting the exclusive " King of Combacks" video documentary soon via since I bought the top pre-sale package that included all the great bonuses with it.
“Kings & Queens” Audio Adrenaline Review:
1 1 He Moves You Move – A very upbeat song that says to leave behind all the mistakes we have made in the past and to move on. We are all afraid to take the next step in our faith when God shows us a different way to live. However, God was the one who is and always will be the author of our story in our life. It is wise to let the Holy Spirit himself influence us to move even if we think about the degree of ambiguity when going into the uncertain. We cannot therefore be two things at once, we cannot be moved if we drift back to our past and never forgive ourselves of our own sins and maybe even our own past which we might be ashamed of.
2 2 Kings & Queens – Audio Adrenaline’s lead single off this album. This is a song devoted to the children and orphans in Haiti. Sometimes we are so caught up in life where our only concern is how I will use my money wisely someday when I get a job and will I be happy with my job someday. This song promotes unity among believers to reach out to everyone even those forgotten and left behind by the world. Some of our world just discards those less fortunate “The least of these” because sometimes individuality consumes us and we so forget to love others like God wants us to. Sometimes loving those who are not necessarily well-liked, famous, wealthy or wide-known is one of the hardest things to do. I encourage us as a nation to love those who are lesser than ourselves and to give ourselves freely not only in our actions but also likewise with our ideas.
3 3 Believer – This is melodic and has a great beat. Kevin Max’s vocals soar to above the skies of Heaven. This song discusses the themes in the Bible where we have to kill our flesh to see through the darkness and to move from our ordinary duty in the world from our education and individuality into the divine service of God where we want to get out and explore a new light, a new horizon and receive a new life that honors God and gives thanks back to him daily and continuously. Finally, this song is the transition from darkness to light of the Christian believer in their faith.
4 r King of Comebacks - We all deserve a second chance through Jesus Christ and in him alone.
5 Change My Name – This song is original and very creative. It lies within the concept of our changed identity when who we were in our past has passed away and when we have received new life and a new purpose. Thus many of us want to be renamed and only remembered by the things we do in our " New life" - the life commonly not pursued by our flesh but by the holy spirit and our new personality and desires God has given us.
6 20:17 (Raise the Banner) – This song is sweet and innocent. This song comes from 2 Chronicles 20:17 which says "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid ; do not be discouraged. Go out to face tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you." ( NIV.) It also the most melodious and unique song by Kevin Max. His vocals guide the perfect sound for this. We have to raise our banner of love to everyone, stand up for what we want. We must fight the battle between the two forces of Light and Darkness as we have always known. We have to shine our light on others and be heard in this world.
7 7, Fire Never Sleeps – It begins with a hard guitar riff at the beginning and just sounds good.
8 8. Seeker – God seeks us out, he chooses each of us in his Kingdom for a special purpose. Even though people will deny it, God is the only thing that suffices in our life to provide us comfort. God is the one who finds all of us lost and scattered among the nations.
99. I Climb the Mountain – Why do we hold God and keep him to ourselves? Why would we hide and constantly promise him that we will take actions and care for the other of billions of people in this world? We must come to the Lord because we sometimes don’t want to tell others about Christ because we think they might call us Jesus freaks or think lesser of us or even some of our friends might think of us as outcasts in public if we share God and talk about Jesus. That is only if we are unevenly yoked which we are in society. We will come across those who believe in the one true God and others who don’t and then those who claim they are believers but are false teachers. God says be careful of those that look like prophets and look the same but whose hearts are very different from our own.
1 The Answer – A quite and solemn tune to end the album out , then some harder guitar riffs begin. This discusses the themes of abandoning our concerns with our jobs , riches , how are friends think of us and a change of our self-perceptions regarding the world and actions that the rest of the world might call morally good. All we are missing to fill the void of our hearts is our Lord and savior Jesus. In the other part of the track , the backup vocals sound more like the Newsboys.
Overall: I will admit I had my biases about this group since their past lead singer lost his voice. If you love the upbeat Newsboys with Michael Tait’s rhythm and the album “Born Again” Miracles Edition then you will love this. You will also love this album if you love Christian Alternative Rock, Christian Rock , Christian Pop and Kevin Max, Tait , and DC Talk. Each song is poignant with Kevin Max’s lyrics breaking the boundaries in Christian music and soaring above Heaven to create a truly inspirational album and CD with his divine voice and rhythm that reinforces the themes of Unity , a tribute to the orphans in Haiti and a thanksgiving in all circumstances to the Lord. The new Audio Adrenaline is a voice for our nation and a voice to bring communication and love to others no matter if someone is from Haiti , Europe , Russia , Ireland , The United Kingdom or the United States and anyone else in the world. We are all in this fight to defeat the darkness and then after that to serve our Lord in ordained and divine service by spending all our time around people and in God’s word while still making time to do our jobs in this world , strengthen relationships; communication in the church and to reach out to help unselfishly with those lesser than us so we can live as human beings in this world despite all the darkness that consumes it and drifts people away from their particular service God has assigned to them.
Favorite Songs & Explanations:
1. 20:17 (Raise the Banner) – This song is my favorite on the album because it shows our love we need for people and for us to shine our light on this world despite what perceptions and stereotypes people hold against us. I imagine us pulling through the banner of a finish line once we are consumed within God’s love because our victory is already promised by God. Our faith along with our obedience to uphold God’s divinity for all willing to listen and to those who accept him experience it. Will you be the one to win the race or will you be one of those that get left behind and cannot see the light because the gates of your own transgressions withhold you?
2. Fire Never Sleeps – A beautiful song with incredible guitar riffs. I love it because of Kevin Max’s vocals. The fire is our past and darkness that leaves us broken as individuals. God will deliver us from our ruin and give us new desires to be able to serve him. On the other hand, God’s love is representative as fire to because it consumes us. Thus, it represents an ignition in the heart that ignites us to want God’s qualities that he gives freely. It relates the most to me so I enjoy it the most.
3. Kings and Queens – I love because they open up to share the stories of those orphans in Haiti.
4. The Answer – The sounds remind me of those children who are struggling out of the United States. Also, the second most inspirational song and related song to me because I don’t need riches, comfort in friends nor comfort in material goods to be happy. All I need is to honor God and carry out my purpose extending to love for my friends and family.
5. He Moves You Move
Divine & Pure – 10/10
Band’s Rebirth – 10/10
Nostalgia – 10/10
Sound- 11/10 – I give Kevin Max bonus points for his great vocals that God has blessed him with.
Message – 10/10
Replayability Ratio : 100/100
**** End Note**** Go buy this album as soon as you can to support a great cause where all profits go towards the " Hands and Feet" foundation to help build better homes and facilities for the orphans that lie within the areas in Haiti. Also ignite yourself with the great return of this awesome 1990's Band that could possibly have made just now the single largest comeback in the Christian music industry.
Comments (0) | Add Comment | Is This Review Helpful? Yes | No